As a User Led Organisation People Matter IW aim to:
- Support service user representation in decision making;
- Assist with service user participation in relevant policy matters, and in the planning of programmes relevant to them as individuals;
- Invite interested service users to take part in committees working on standards or projects of interest;
- Encourage participation of service users on committees that are developing relevant services or strategies;
- Guide service user representatives on standards and procedures and provide them with background knowledge, advocacy and brieﬁngs;
- Communicate the results of service user's work to the Local Authority and the general public;
- Help ﬁnd solutions to finance service user representation, when required
- Keep in contact with the public to "sound out" wider service user opinion;
- Study the way other service user committees work, so as to improve structures, where appropriate;
- Coordinate and collate information arising from service user representation.
Membership is free to all.
Please download and complete the relevant form.
Individual membership form
Group affiliation form
Business affiliation form
To leave feedback about your experience of People Matter IW and the User Groups, please click here